Sunday, January 4, 2015

B.R.A.T.

Yes, the B.R.A.T. diet has been instituted at my house.  It is currently in full effect.  In case you have not heard of this wonderful diet, let me share it with you.  This is the diet that you start when your toddler vomits all over your bed at 2am and then proceeds to have diarrhea in her underwear.  It stands for Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Toast.  I am not entirely sure how we got another GI bug so quickly, but apparently if you are in the market for a colon cleanse then head over to our house.  There is nothing quite like stripping the bed of sheets, washing said sheets once the puke has been cleaned off them (since the last time this happened my husband just threw the vomit laden sheets into the washing machine and I had to clean up washed food particles from the metal basin...not a fun experience), and bathing a crying 2 year old in the middle of the night.

Today was spent with everyone recovering.  I slept.  Mark slept.  Bean slept.  JoJo slept.  Hopefully the house is now on the road to recovery.  I am happy to report that "sleep training" is working out...so far.  I am terrified to count my chickens before they hatch, but at least we are moving in a good direction.

Mark and I have been talking a lot about canning.  Even writing that I feel like it conjures up images of nasty pickled eggs or something equally as gross, but it is something i am pretty excited about.  Mark makes his own tomato sauce and I make my own applesauce, so it will be perfect.  If we get our new house, it has ~20+ blueberry and raspberry bushes, so jam will definitely be in the making.  We have to do some more reading (as we don't want to get botulism), but pictures to come when we finally commit.

I am on-call tonight, but got to put the kids to bed before I left, which is always a Strawberry! 

Keep Calm and Call the Midwife... just not tonight, so I can get some sleep:)


No comments:

Post a Comment